Welcome to Stepping Stones Toddler and Baby Group.
The Toddlers group is for birth – 3 year olds & Baby group is for babies from birth – 2 years (sibling up to 2 years welcome).
Both groups are run by a paid leader and a group of volunteers. We are a church-based group that is supported by friends and family at Didcot Baptist Church. We hope that you’ll feel at home here and make some new friends.
Toddler Group Birth – 3 years
Tuesday - 9.00am-10.30am
Wednesday & Thursday - 9.30am –11.15am (Term time only)
Baby group Birth – 2 years
Wednesday 1.00pm - 2.30pm (Term time only)
Meeting at Didcot Baptist Church, Wantage Road
For more information contact the church office (find details here)
A typical toddler session:
We run a fairly structured session here at the toddler group - see details below:
- Time for open play this includes table activities and large equipment like a slide & trampoline.
- Drinks and biscuits for everyone preceded by a simple prayer with the children – we ask that you encourage your child to join in by joining in yourself. Adult drinks are served from the hatch. Please ensure that these are kept out of children’s reach.
- Craft Activity. These activities are designed for you and your child to do together so please supervise your child with the activity if you are able to do so. Help is always on hand for those who can’t.
- Singing – nursery rhymes, action songs including some that we sing in Church. We also have a collection of musical instruments to shake and bang!
- In dry weather we have access to an enclosed garden with a slide, play house and a variety of ride on toys. We also have balls and hoops.
A typical baby group session:
- We provide soft rugs on the floor and a relaxed atmosphere where adults can sit with their babies and chat to each other. A selection of baby & toddler toys is available. On a separate mat there are slides & rockers. Also available are ride on toys and baby walkers for those that are more mobile. Table activities including play dough & puzzles available for the older babies.
- We provide hot or cold drinks for adults & babies as well as biscuits for everyone. These are brought round on a trolley and served to you.
- We finish off the session with a time of singing and action songs that you can do with your baby.
How to find us:
We meet in the Harry Lewis Hall at Didcot Baptist Church. Follow the path to the left of the building (if standing looking at the building), you will walk around the back of the church, enter through the double glass doors and turn right into the hall.
Please fasten the gate securely behind you with both catches.
A charge of £3.00 per session (1 Adult & 2 children + £1 per additional child.) is made for attending the groups. This helps to cover the cost of employing a team leader as well as all activities at toddlers & baby group; craft activity, messy & sensory play, a drink & biscuit for everyone as well as a birthday card and books on the child’s 3rd birthday. We also give out books throughout the year to celebrate the Christian festivals. Addition charges may be made for end of term parties.
- A changing area is available inside the disabled toilet in the entrance corridor.
- Please place bagged dirty nappies in the bin provided.
- If you need to warm baby milk please ask a member of the team for assistance.
- Pushchairs can be put in the link corridor. (If your child is asleep, please feel free to bring them into the hall in their pushchair)
We are proud of the fact that we are an inclusive group and in order to maintain that, we limit our numbers and operate a waiting list. If you have friends who would like to come as well, we will be happy to add them to the list.
If you are unable to join us for a period of time, please let us know. If there is anything we can do to help you, please speak to one of the team.
We would like to remind you that whilst you are at toddler group, you are responsible for your own children. The team are very willing to help out as necessary, but do have to coordinate the session as well.
We will be hold a fire drill at least once a term. When the alarm is raised, please leave the building promptly, taking your child/ children with you. Do not wait to collect belongings or coats. Leave via the fire door in the hall or nearest exit. Assemble in the church car park and the register will be taken. We appreciate your cooperation in these safety measures.
Other related information:-
This is a closed group. If you would like to be part of this group please tick the box on the admission form & you will be invited to join.
Our MIssion Statement
Our purpose is to be a loving, supportive, inclusive group where children, parents and carers enjoy playing, meeting and interacting with each other in a Christian environment.
Other actvities you may be interested in
This is a group for girls aged 4-18 on Thursday evenings (find out more information about Girls' Brigade here)
You and your family are also welcome to the Sunday services held at 10.30am at the Church and also available currently via Zoom. There is usually a crèche for the under 2’s during the morning service and Sunday school for 2 to 16 year olds (find out more about our Sunday Services here)
For more information about the Church please contact, the Church Office (find details on how to contact the Church Office here).